Saturday, November 24, 2007

Rittenhouse Square

So Marshall came home yesterday with a great idea. He said that the tree in Rittenhouse Square in downtown Philly was being lit at 5pm. So we all bundled up....cuz let's face it--the cold and humidity just cuts right through ya! We got to walk around at look at everything and got free stuff from the little booths set up.
We also can actually say now that we know what "Chestnuts Roasting" tastes like! (Kinda like a potato/banana.) Of course Marshall loved me taking pictures of us....you can tell in each one that his face is like: Okay Kel, you're done! We had a great time but as we were walking away, we both agreed that nothing will top Temple Square in Utah!
Waiting in the cold watching a parade of Philadelphia's Finest... Still waiting, and listening to a crazy elf update us on Santa's whereabouts...
The lighting of the tree to start off the Christmas Season in Philly!
Okay, now the tree is lit and Santa is coming over!....where is he?......
SANTA'S HERE! I loved watching him get so excited. It makes standing outside in the cold all the more worth it! Happy Holidays everyone!:)

6 comments:

Melanie said...

Our town had the same type of thing last night, but we missed it. I love your son's "I'm the boss" picture. So cute!

Heather Jones said...

Love the red noses!!! I bet marsh was so excited to see Santa!! My girls freaked out when they just saw him on the t.v. for the Thanksgiving day parade!!!

KT2 said...

This looks so fun! I miss my little boy Alex! He hardly even gets excited about Santa anymore! :( Whats up with that?

Miki said...

What a great picture--classic. Hey Kelley, what's your address?? Email me: mikieberhardt@hotmail.com

Amber said...

Kelley, I tagged you--Your it. GO to my blog and read my tag. You have to answer the same questions and tag someone else.--- have fun.

OLDUDE said...

Wow! I wasn't expecting that. Is Marshall still speaking to you? Just kidding. You two are awesome and I'm very happy for you!